GP Cardiff UK Trials
The Magic: The Gathering® Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to Pro TourTM events.
Win a trip to Grand Prix Barcelona
...and many other Magic prizes!
At Grand Prix Cardiff fill out the voucher* that you'll find at the registration desk and deposit it in the designated box Saturday, March 25 before 5 pm. A draw will be held on Saturday, March 25th - at 6pm.
- 1st prize: Trip to the next Grand prix
- Plane ticket to and from the GP
- 3 hotel nights (breakfast included)
- 1 free side event per day (2 in total)
- 2nd - 20th prize: A Grand Prix Sweater.
- 21st - 40th prize: Free side event voucher (to be used at any European GP in 2006)
* Only 1 entry per player.
There is no pre-registration necessary for this event because it is open for everyone to enter.
Tournament Format And Schedule
The format for Grand Prix–Cardiff is Limited(Sealed deck with boosterdraft finals. All DCITM Limited-format rules, Magic Floor Rules, and all subsequent updates will be enforced.
Friday, March 24: Registration from 4:00 – 8:00 PM.
Saturday, March 25: Registration from 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. The Top 64 (or 128) players advance to competition on Sunday
Sunday, March 26: The Top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
Cardiff International Arena
Mary Ann St,
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Cardiff is open to Magic players of all ages.
The structure for Grand Prix–Cardiff will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds), with the Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. The top 16 Players will receive invitations to the 2nd Pro Tour in 2006
Tournament Divisions and Prizes
Grand Prix–Dortmund will feature the standard “main-tournament” prize schedule as well as a special “Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
|Amateur Division Prize Schedule|
A player is considered to have amateur status if he or she has 0 lifetime pro points. If a player has ever been awarded ANY pro points from a Grand Prix, Pro Tour, or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 3 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2025 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1925 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1850 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
There will be high level players / Wizards Employees gunslinging against anyone who is up to it on Saturday and Sunday Saturday 25th MarchAll Day Ravnica Block Drafts on demand 8 player single elimination
Sunday 26th MarchAll Day Ravnica Block Drafts on demand 8 player single elimination
- 14:00 - Core Set Sealed Deck -Revised Booster (English), 4th Edition Booster (German), 5th Edition Booster (Chinese), 6th Edition Booster (English), 8th Edition Booster (English) 24 players
- 15:00 - Russian Ravnica Block Booster Draft
- 16:00 - Invasion Block Sealed Deck - Invasion Tournament Pack (English), Planeshift Booster (English), Apocalypse Booster (Chinese) 24 players
- 17:00 - Japanese Kamigawa Block Booster Draft
- 18:00 - UN-Tournament (Unhinged/Unglued Draft) Max 24 Players, "Ashnods Coupon Foil Prize" (unsanctioned)
- 19:00 - Crazy Eights Booster Drafts (Random from Old and New ,English, Asian and European Boosters) 8 player events
- 19:30 - Side Event Close
- 09:00 - PTQ Prague - 128 Player Max - Sealed Deck
- 10:00 - 2HG Team Standard event Max 32 teams
- 10:30 - Tempest (Japanese), Stronghold (English), Exodus (German) 8 Player Draft
- 11:00 - Russian Ravnica Block Booster Draft
- 12:00 - 15 Highlander Dragon Challenge - KO - Max 64 Players, Extended, "Deck MUST have one Dragon" , Prize - Dragon Trophy (Unsanctioned)
- 13:00 - Russian Ravnica Block Booster Draft
- 14:00 - Nearly Urza's Block Sealed Deck - Saga Tournament Pack( English) Destiny Booster (Spanish), Onslaught Booster (English)
- 14:30 - Japanese Kamigawa Block Booster Draft
- 15:00 - Crazy Eights Booster Drafts ( Random Boosters from Old and New ,English, Asian and European Boosters) 8 player events Sign ups continue until 16:00
- 16:00 - Side Events Close
NOTE: The following hotels are not endorsed by or affiliated with Wizards of the Coast. The hotels on this list are taken from guidebooks and provided here for your convenience only.
The Big Sleep Hotel
- less than 2min walkIbis Hotel
- 2min walkMarriott Hotel
- 5min walkTravelodge
- 6min walk
NOTE: The following travel web sites are not endorsed by or affiliated with Wizards of the Coast. PlanesTrains
Automobiles - Route Planner
For more information contact
Tel: +32 70/233.277
We also want your feedback, suggestions but most of all we would like to know how you are preparing for the event. We will post everything on our brand new Player Forum so you can also see how other Magic players are doing. So e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org