Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour-Qualifier
November 5 & 6, 2005
Grand Prix - Copenhagen
The Magic: The Gathering® Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to Pro TourTM events.
Win a trip to Grand Prix Bilbao
...and many other Magic prizes!
At Grand Prix Copenhagen fill out the voucher* that you'll find at the registration desk and deposit it in the designated box Saturday, November 5 before 5 pm. A draw will be held on Saturday, November 5 - at 6pm.
- 1st prize: Trip to Grand Prix Bilbao
- Plane ticket to and from the GP
- 3 hotel nights (breakfast included)
- 1 free side event per day (2 in total)
- 2nd - 10th prize: A Grand Prix Sweater.
- 11nd - 20th prize: Free side event voucher (to be used at any European GP in 2005)
* Only 1 entry per player.
There is no pre-registration necessary for this event because it is open for everyone to enter.
Tournament Format And Schedule
The format for Grand Prix–Copenhagen is Extended. All DCITM Constructed-format rules, Magic Floor Rules, and all subsequent updates will be enforced.
Friday, November 4: Registration from 4:00 – 8:00 PM.
Saturday, November 5: Registration from 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. The Top 64 (or 128) players advance to competition on Sunday
Sunday, November 6: The Top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
Brondby stadion 10
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Copenhagen is open to Magic players of all ages.
The structure for Grand Prix–Nottingham will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds), with the Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. The top 16 Players will receive invitations to the Pro Tour Honolulu
Tournament Divisions and Prizes
Grand Prix–Copenhagen will feature the standard “main-tournament” prize schedule as well as a special “Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
|Amateur Division Prize Schedule|
A player is considered to have amateur status if he or she has 0 lifetime pro points. If a player has ever been awarded ANY pro points from a Grand Prix, Pro Tour, or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 3 or higher
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 2025 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1925 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1850 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
Cab-Inn copenhagen express
+45 (33) 21 04 00
DK-1910 Frederiksberg C
Visit their website
+45 (33) 13 30 00
+45 (33) 95 77 55
Jarmers Plads 3
DK-1551 Copenhagen V
Visit their website
For more information contact
Tel: +32 70/233.277