Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour Honolulu -Qualifier
December 17 & 18, 2005
Grand Prix - Lille
The Magic: The Gathering® Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to Pro TourTM events.
Win a trip to the next Grand Prix
...and many other Magic prizes!
Since it's the last Grand Prix of the year and since X-Mas is coming soon, we are offering a trip to Pro Tour Prague instead!
At Grand Prix Lille fill out the voucher* that you'll find at the registration desk and deposit it in the designated box Saturday, December 17 before 5 pm. A draw will be held on Saturday, December 17 - at 6pm.
- 1st prize: Trip to the next Grand prix
- Plane ticket to and from the PT
- 3 hotel nights (breakfast included)
- 1 free side event per day (3 in total)
- 2nd - 10th prize: A Grand Prix Sweater.
- 11nd - 20th prize: Free side event voucher (to be used at any European GP in 2005)
* Only 1 entry per player.
There is no pre-registration necessary for this event because it is open for everyone to enter.
Tournament Format And Schedule
The format for Grand Prix–Lille is Legacy ( more information on Legacy can be found in the floor rules section 128 ). All DCITM Constructed-format rules, Magic Floor Rules, and all subsequent updates will be enforced.
Friday, December 16: Registration from 4:00 – 8:00 PM.
Saturday, December 17: Registration from 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. The Top 64 (or 128) players advance to competition on Sunday
Sunday, December 18: The Top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
Lille Grand Palais
+33 (320) 14 13 33
Boulevard des Cités Unies
59777 Euralille – Lille
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Lille is open to Magic players of all ages.
The structure for Grand Prix–Lille will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds), with the Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. The top 16 Players will receive invitations to the Pro Tour in Honolulu
Tournament Divisions and Prizes
Grand Prix–Lille will feature the standard “main-tournament” prize schedule as well as a special “Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
|Amateur Division Prize Schedule|
A player is considered to have amateur status if he or she has 0 lifetime pro points. If a player has ever been awarded ANY pro points from a Grand Prix, Pro Tour, or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 3 or higher
- DCI players with a Constructed or eternal rating of 2025 or higher.(players receive the bye amount for the higher of the two ratings) Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2
- DCI players with a Constructed or eternal rating of 1925 or higher.(players receive the bye amount for the higher of the two ratings) Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Constructed or eternal rating of 1850 or higher.(players receive the bye amount for the higher of the two ratings) Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on September 7, 2005.
Zoltan Boros & Gabor Szikszai
Arriving by plane
Golden Tulip Alliance Information : 03.20.30.62.62
L'Hermitage Gantois Information: 03.20.85.30.30
Crowne Plaza Information: 03.20.42.46.46
Carlton Information: 03.20.13.33.13
Grand Hôtel Bellevue Information: 03.20.57.45.64
Citadines Apparthôtels Information: 03.28.36.75.00
Express By Holyday Inn Information: 03.20.42.90.90
Mercure Lille Centre Information: 03.20.14.71.47
Novotel Lille Centre Information: 03.28.38.53.53
Hôtel de la treille Information: 03.20.55.45.46
Lille airport to lille : 10 min
Paris airport to Lille : 45 min by train
Brussels international airport followed by train to Lille
London-Lille : 197 Euros
Londres-Brussels : 120 Euros
Amsterdam-Lille : 308 Euros
Amsterdam-Brussels : 172 Euros
Berlin-Lille : 238 Euros
Berlin-Brussels : 143 Euros
Source : www.sncf.fr
and Yahoo Voyages By Train :
- Bruxelles-Lille : 38 min, cost 2 ways : 24 Euros
- Londres-Lille : 1h40, cost 2 ways : 56 Euros to 96 Euros
- Paris-Lille : 1h, cost 2 ways : 20 Euros to 48 Euros
- Amsterdam-Lille : 2h, cost 2 ways : 65 Euros
1 hour drive from Brussels International airport
Paris Airport followed by Thallys train (50 minutes)
For more information contact
Tel: +32 70/233.277