ome of you may not know this, but I'm a big fan of Goblins in Magic. For example, I have one primary Commander deck I've kept together for several years, while all others come and go, and that is my Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. Given how much I enjoy Goblins as my tribe in Magic, I thought it was time I tested you all to see just how you do on a little Goblin quiz.
1. How many cards in Magic have the Goblin subtype?
- Sorry, there are 222 red Goblins in Magic, but there are quite a few non-red Goblins in Magic.
- Oops, this is how many Goblin creatures there are in Magic, but Lorwyn block introduced non-creature spells with the Goblin subtype.
- Sure, if you count Changelings you're correct, but really who counts Changeling creatures for this?
2. What Goblin in the Return to Ravnica block has flying?
3. Outside of limited From the Vault box sets, what is the only Goblin printed as a mythic rare?
4. After red, which color has the most Goblins in it?
- This is the third most prevalent!
- Nope, aside from the occasional Boros cross over, there is almost never a white Goblin.
- While not unheard of, Goblins don't exactly lend themselves to the blue section of the color pie.
- Correct! Again, Lorwyn really showed this the most but they are far from the only sets where you'll see Goblins in Black. Goblin Spike Jester for example!
5. Who is the greatest Goblin of all time?
- Unquestionably correct! You win! You are the best!
- Nope, you might think so but I can assure you that you are wrong.
- Sure, some might think so, but they're wrong.
Patrick "Trick" Jarrett joined Wizards of the Coast in 2011, taking over the reins as DailyMTG.com editor-in-chief. He oversees the daily content while also working to develop larger web projects for Magic.