n our PAX East panel one of the things we announced was the designer cards that will appear in Magic 2015. We did it with the help of our friend George Fan, a game designer behind Plants vs. Zombies!
Here's a better look at his card:
As you can see, we are crediting each of these designers on the Magic 2015 printing of their card right in the text box!
Who else helped us? Here are a few in their own words on Twitter:
Stone Librande is a lead designer at Riot Games, designer of Diablo 3, creative director of SimCity
Mike Neumann works at Gearbox Software and worked on Borderlands
Edmund McMillen was the Indie developer behind Super Meat Boy.
And Brad Muir works at Double Fine Productions on games like Massive Chalice and Iron Brigade.
So, for completion's sake here is the full list:
- George Fan: designer of Plants vs Zombies
- Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins: Gabe and Tycho, creators of Penny Arcade
- Markus Persson: "Notch," creator of Minecraft and founder of Mojang
- Richard Garriot: "Lord British," creator of the Ultima series
- David Sirlin: designer on Super Street Figher II Turbo HD Remix, Yomi
- Rob Pardo: chief creative officer at Blizzard, lead designer of World of Warcraft
- Isaiah Cartwright: lead game designer for Guild Wars 2
- Justin Gary: designer of Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer and Solforge
- Stone Librande: lead designer at Riot Games, designer of Diablo 3, creative director of SimCity
- Brian Fargo: founder and CEO of inXile Entertainment, director of Bard’s Tale, Wasteland, executive producer of Fallout
- Mike Neumann: Gearbox Software, creative director on Borderlands
- James Ernest: owner and lead designer for Cheapass Games, designer of Kill Doctor Lucky
- Edmund McMillen: indie designer of Super Meat Boy, featured in Indie Game: The Movie
- Brad Muir: game designer at Double Fine Productions leading Massive Chalice, project lead on Iron Brigade
Wait! There's one missing! You guys!
Magic is a unique game which, in many ways, makes everyone who plays it the designer of their own game. Since Magic is the greatest strategy trading card game on the planet... Ipso facto... you are all awesome game designers!
Patrick "Trick" Jarrett oversees web content and social media for Magic, as well as the editor-in-chief of DailyMTG.com. He's an ardent Commander player and lover of the game he's played since Ice Age.