We're taking a two-week holiday break and will be back with new stuff on Monday, January 2, 2012. Until then, please enjoy our favorite Arcanas of 2011. This article originally ran August 25, 2011.
n Monday, at the end of his annual "State of Design" article, Mark Rosewater dropped some hints about what's coming in Innistrad:
- A card based on a silver-bordered white card
- A token-making sorcery which makes more creature tokens than any previous token-making spell (not counting X spells or spells that make a variable number)
- An enchantment that could let you play all your creatures for free
- A spell that can deal 13 damage to multiple creatures for one mana (and yes, I mean 13 damage multiple times)
- Many—and I'm talking more than a few—cards inspired by famous horror stories
- A card that turns a loss into a win
- A two-mana creature that lets you make a 2/2 creature each turn for two mana
- A card that lets you exchange your life total with something you've never been able to exchange it with before
- A planeswalker with five loyalty abilities
It's obviously too early to tell you what these hints point to. But these hints made us wonder how people would do with his hints from earlier sets. He's been doing these a long time, you know. So we dug into our archive of Duelist Magazine and pulled a few batches of hints from long-ago sets! Let's play!