Dates: Wednesday, March 25 though Tuesday March 31, 2009.
32 Daily Events will be designated TPF QE's (Qualifying Events). Each TPF QE will invite the Top 8 finishers to play in the TPF Block Sealed Deck Tournament on Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 9:00 AM PST.
Formats: Various (Limited and Constructed)
Cost: Constructed Formats – 7 Tix
Limited Formats – 3 Tix, plus Product
Prizes: Top 8 finishers of each TPF Qualifier are invited to the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament. TPF Qualifiers will NOT pay TPF Product as prizes.
TPF I Sealed Deck Championship Last Chance to Qualify Queues
After the completion of the scheduled TPF Qualifiers we will run Last Chance to Qualify Queues for approximately 48 hours running from Wednesday April 1 after the weekly downtime (approximately 1:00 PM PST) until 1:00 PM PST Friday April 3, 2009.
These 8-player single elimination queues will award the 1st place finisher an invitation to compete in the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I (in addition to the Season Championship QPs offered for the winners of all 8-player events).
All who participate in a TPF LCQ will get a Planar Chaos prerelease promo card (Oros, the Avenger). The winner of each TPF LCQ will get a premium copy of the Planar Chaos prerelease promo card (Oros, the Avenger).
Dates: Wednesday, April 1 after the weekly downtime through Friday April 3, 2009 1:00 pm PST
Formats: Constructed – Standard
Limited – ALA Sealed
Cost: Constructed Format – 4 Tix
Limited Format – Product only
Prizes: The winner of each 8-player queue will qualify to participate in the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I on April 4, 2009.
Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I
START TIME: Saturday April 4, 9:00 am PST.
PRODUCT: Time Spiral Tournament Pack, 1 Planar Chaos Booster, 1 Future Sight Booster. Top 8 Booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Time Spiral, 1 Planar Chaos, and 1 Future Sight booster per player.
ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)
All who participate in the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament will receive a copy of the TPF block Prerelease promo cards (Lotus Bloom, Oros the Avenger, and Korlash Heir to Blackblade). In addition the top 8 will receive premium versions of these promo cards.
Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I event, players are not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Championship before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).
Playing on another person's account, selling your account, etc. are all violations of the Terms of Service. If you play in these, win, and expect to get your prize, be very, very sure you are on your own account. We do not recognize "I and a friend jointly own the account," "It's my brother's account but he gave it to me," or similar. The only exception is an adult may authorize a single dependent child age 13-18 to play on an account that adult has purchased.
All players that have qualified for the Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I from the TPF QEs will be registered into the championship after the downtime on Wednesday February 4 (winners of the LCQs will all be added by Friday April 3 at 5 PM PST). It will be the player's responsibility to make sure that they have been properly entered into this event and are able to join it PRIOR to the start of the Tournament. If a player is qualified and is unable to join the tournament, they will need to contact customer service to get this corrected.
Important information regarding system crashes for the Championship
If during the scheduled Time Spiral Block Sealed Deck Tournament I the system crashes, 1 of 2 things will happen:
- The system will come right back up. In this case:
- The event will continue and additional time will be given to allow players to finish the event
- If the system cannot recover the event and "finishes" (prematurely ends) the event, or a WOTC Tournament Coordinator must "finish" (prematurely end) the event within 2 hours of the events scheduled start time:
If the event is still in its Swiss Rounds though not the final Swiss round and has been running for more than 2 hours:
- The event will re-created and start over from the beginning. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
If the event is in the final round of Swiss play:
- The event will be considered canceled and will be rescheduled for Sunday April 5, 9:00 am PST. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
If the event is in the Top 8:
- The results of the last completed round of Swiss play will be official and the top 8 players from Swiss play will be invited to participate in an 8-player Single Elimination Standard queue and play it out to determine the final standings.
- The results of the last completed round of Single Elimination will be official and the remaining players will be invited to participate in a queue of the correct designated size (8, 4, or 2) and play out to determine the final standings.