By entering the Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ("Wizards") Pimp My Store Contest (the "Contest") you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. No purchase necessary; eligibility requirements. The Contest is open to all participating Magic: The Gathering Game Day stores in North America. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on June 13, 2007 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 13, 2007. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
How to enter: This Contest is to determine which participating Magic: The Gathering Game Day store best decorated its store for Magic Game Day. To enter this Contest, send your printed photographs to Wizards of the Coast in the Wizards-provided Contest envelope. Entries must also include your store name, store owner's name, e-mail address, postal address, and daytime and evening telephone numbers. Entries may also include a short description of their event.
All entries must be received by Wizards no later than August 13, 2007. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Judging: A committee determined by Wizards serving as judges of the Contest will review all eligible entries and will select five winning photographs, based on the following criteria: Best overall Magic feel (50%); best outside decoration (25%); and best Magic product merchandising (25%). Ties, if any, will be broken by re-judging exclusively against the first criterion. The winners will be determined by Wizards on or about August 24, 2007. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the contact information they provided within three (3) days after three (3) attempts have been made, the winners will be disqualified and prize may not be awarded in Wizard's sole discretion.
All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the judges' decisions and waive any right to appeal.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:
The first place winner will receive a $500 Home Depot gift certificate and $100 worth of Magic: The Gathering-branded items for his/her store. The second place winner will receive $250 Home Depot gift certificate and $100 worth of Magic: The Gathering-branded items for his/her store. The third, fourth, and fifth place winners will each receive $100 worth of Magic: The Gathering-branded items for his/her store.
Prizes are not transferable. Wizards, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize for another product of equal value to the prize identified herein, or provide the cash equivalent. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize not explicitly stated herein. Winners may be required to sign and return, within five (5) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity and any other documentation required by Wizards, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification.
5. Conditions: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she is the sole author of his or her entry, that he or she owns the copyright in and to his or her entry, and that the entry does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade dress rights, or rights of privacy or publicity). By entering this Contest, entrant hereby assigns to Wizards all intellectual property rights in and to his or her entry. The entry is the property of Wizards, and upon Wizards' request, entrant will execute any documents necessary to effectuate such ownership. Entrants specifically acknowledge and agree that Wizards will have the right, without restriction, to use, reproduce, publish and distribute entries submitted without payment of any compensation or consideration to any entrant or any other person or entity (except the prizes awarded to the winners pursuant to these Official Rules). By entering this Contest, entrants agree that Wizards may post their entries online and has the right to use the entries, including, without limitation, by making it available for download, along with entrant's name and hometown on Wizards' website and in any and all publicity and advertising or other promotions by Wizards without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants.
Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. This Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington, and you agree to accept jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant's entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts to (a) enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
6. Winners List: Winners will be announced on the Wizards website on or around September 1, 2007.
7. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Copyright 2007 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.
Magic: The Gathering is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. in the U.S.A and other countries. All other trademarks are owned by their respective holders.