By entering the Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ("Wizards") Magic: The Gathering Game Day Scavenger Hunt Contest ("Contest"), you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. No purchase necessary. The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada subject to eligibility requirements below. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest begins on July 14, 2007 and ends on July 14, 2007 when each participating retailer selects its Contest winner. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada ages thirteen (13) and older as of July 14, 2007. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. How to enter: To enter this Contest, bring as many of the 30 Magic: The Gathering-related items set forth below with you on July 14, 2007 to one (1) participating Magic: The Gathering Game Day retailer. Entrants may only enter once. Entrants must be present at the time of the participating retailer's announcement of the winner in order to be eligible to win. For a list of participating retailers, go to www.wizards.com/magicgameday. All items will be posted here no later than July 2.
1. Arabian Nights Fishliver Oil card
2. Empty booster display box of any expansion from Alpha to Mirage
3. An Alpha, Beta, Unlimited or Revised Starter Pack deckbox
4. Booster pack wrapper of Arabian Nights, Revised, Unlimited, Beta or Alpha
5. Magic rulebook with Bog Wraith on the cover
6. Magic rulebook with Shivan Dragon on the cover
7. Arabian Nights Mountain card
8. Legends Rules card
9. Invasion Reya Dawnbringer card
10. Exodus Paladin en-Vec card
11. Onslaught Festering Goblin card
12. Visions Nekrataal card
13. Lord of the Pit card illustrated by Mark Tedin
14. Tempest Mogg Fanatic card
15. Alliances Guerilla Tactics card
16. Scourge Siege Gang Commander card
17. Giant Growth card illustrated by Sandra Everingham
18. Visions Stampeding Wildebeests card
19. Mirrodin Platinum Angel card
20. Fifth Dawn Crucible of Worlds card
21. Urza's Legacy Treetop Village card
22. Ice Age Adarkar Wastes card
23. Apocalypse Caves of Koilos card
24. Largest collection of 1 single card (basic land excluded)
25. Duelist Issue Number 1
26. Entrant with Lowest DCI Number
27. An officially licensed Magic comic book
28. Clothing with Magic artwork on it
29. Four different Friday Night Magic cards
30. Three spin down Magic life counters with different expansion symbols on them
4. Judging: Each participating Magic: The Gathering Game Day retailer will serve as the judge of the Contest for his or her respective store, review all eligible entries, and select one (1) winner on July 14, 2007 who brings in the most of the 30 above-enumerated items. Ties, if any, will be broken by the person who first brought in the most of the above thirty (30) items on July 14, 2007. Entrants must be present at the time of the participating retailer's announcement of the winner in order to be eligible to win.
All decisions made by Wizards and its judges/participating retailers on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by Wizards' and the judges' decisions and waive any right to appeal.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value: There will be one (1) prize winner per participating Magic: The Gathering Game Day retailer. Each such winner will receive a prize consisting of a Magic: The Gathering backpack. Approximate retail value of prize is US$15.
Prizes are not transferable. Wizards, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize for another product of equal value to the prize identified herein, or provide the cash equivalent. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize not explicitly stated herein. Winners and their guests may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity and any other documentation required by Wizards, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event the winner is a minor, the winner's parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the aforementioned documents. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification.
6. Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of this Contest, and because of the complexity of the administration of this Contest, Wizards reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing this Contest.
7. Conditions: Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. This Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington, and you agree to accept jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant's entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts to (a) enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
8. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Copyright 2007 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.