The FlavOracle is a document that houses the official flavor text for every Magic card (basic sets, expansion sets, and promotional cards).
Full FlavOracle: TXT - DOC
In addition, MagicTheGathering.com is running an ongoing feature that allows readers to submit flavor text for older cards. Each person may submit one entry per card. After a screening process, a popular vote will determine the eventual winner for each card, and the winning text will be added into the FlavOracle.
Currently accepting submissions for: Aladdin's Ring - SUBMITOrcish Artillery - SUBMIT - LEGAL TEXT
Currently in review: Chaos Orb, Aladdin's Ring
Currently voting on: Morphling - VOTE
- "I stand alone in this crowd of possibilities as the skeleton key."
- Some reflections aren't confined to a mirror.
- "I've seen my reflection before," remarked Urza. "Only once has it seen me."
- "The only limitation one truly has is one's own preconceived notions. I have no such things, and, as such, no limitations."
- It took a while to confirm the actuality of the Morphling. Many fights broke out over different villagers' descriptions of the "changing beast."
- Many researchers believe that evolution is a long, slow process. In the Morphling's case, it is not.
- "But Urza," Barrin interjected, "it is the poor student who does not exceed his master." Urza responded grimly, "That is what I am afraid of."
- Morphlings were fond of embarrassing fashion-conscious planeswalkers by "wearing" identical outfits at parties.
- Although this replacement for Xantcha had no heartstone, Urza gave it so much more.
- It's not that you won't see it coming. It's that you won't know you did.
Latest addition: N/A
Discuss the FlavOracle on the message boards.