Magic: The Gathering® Pro Tour™–Berlin 2008 Qualifier
June 28-29, 2008
The Grand Prix return to South America!
Buenos Aires, the most "European" Latin American metropolis, will host this fantastic event. Enjoy the famous qualities of Buenos Aires, like its excellent cuisine and unique asados, its unmatched nights, its exceptional cultural activity and the remarkable hospitality. Meet the authentic style of tango and soccer in a spectacular weekend full of Magic.
The Magic: The Gathering® Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring $40.000 in cash prizes, invitations to the Pro Tour™ for the top 16 finishers, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants.
Grand Prix—Buenos Aires is organized by DOMO Sur.
Centro Cultural Borges
Pabellón de las Naciones
Friday, June 27th: Registration from 7:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.
Saturday, June 28th: Registration from 8:00 A.M – 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 9:00 A.M. If less than 800 players participate in the event, the Top 64 players advance to competition on Sunday If 800 or more players participate, the top 128 advance to Sunday.
Sunday, June 29th: The Top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 9:00 A.M.
Vista Sol Buenos Aires
Tucumán 451- Buenos Aires
San Martín 839 – Buenos Aires
For any hotel reservations contact Secontur: firstname.lastname@example.org
+5411 - 43211050
AR$60 (aprox. U$S 20.- ) (*)
*: The entry fee may vary approaching the event day
- Standard Constructed
- Deck lists are required
- Players must use the same deck on Day 2 that they used on Day 1
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Number of Swiss rounds on Day 1 based on attendance and the number of byes in the tournament, and will be announced at the beginning of Day 1
- Day 2 will have 6 Swiss rounds followed by a cut to a top 8
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds of Day 1
- If the event has 799 participants or less, the Top 64 players advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. If the event has 800 or more participants, the top 128 will advance to day 2.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
The Head Judge for Grand Prix–Buenos Aires will be David Vogin.
If you wish to volunteer as a judge at Grand Prix–Buenos Aires, please contact email@example.com
- Competitive REL Day 1, Professional REL Day 2
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Invitations, Eligibility, and Prize Money
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Buenos Aires is open to Magic players of all ages.
In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI™ player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- All participants in the Grand Prix will receive a Call of the Herd exclusive Grand Prix foil card, while supplies last
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to Pro Tour-Berlin 2008.
- All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on the player's DCI Constructed rating on the Wednesday before the Grand Prix.
- Winners of Grand Prix–Buenos Aires Trials
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on the player's DCI Constructed rating on the Wednesday before the Grand Prix.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on the player's DCI Constructed rating on the Wednesday before the Grand Prix.
GRAND PRIX TRIAL
Friday, June 27th
3:00 – 6:00 PM
Format: Standard Constructed, 32 person single-elimination flights
Location: Centro Cultural Borges, Viamonte 525, Buenos Aires
Prizes: Top player in each flight receives a Third-Round bye at the Grand Prix, Product Prizes
Other Grand Prix–Buenos Aires Trials will be run throughout South America in the weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. Each offers at least 1 Third-Round bye to Grand Prix–Buenos Aires.
A complete Grand Prix–Buenos Aires side event schedule can be found at www.domo-sur.com.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, Arena–The League for Magic: The Gathering, DCI players' organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, State/Provincial Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or send email to us via the form at wizards.custhelp.com.
Buenos Aires, Argentina Online Information
This site is the official government city page for Buenos Aires.
Official site for tourism for the city
This is the best site for a cultural perspective and information on food, travel, and other general information.
This is a good site for learning about Buenos Aires historical attractions.
This site is full of Buenos Aires facts.
This is the directory list for travel, entertainment, tourism, and other general information about Buenos Aires.
This site contains information about Argentina such as weather, facts, languages, and time.
Maps to move around the city
CURRENCY EXCHANGE INFORMATION
WIZARDS OF THE COAST, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor DCI, and MAGIC: THE GATHERING PRO TOUR are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ©2007 Wizards.