23rd & 24th August Format: StandardTournament Location:Bella CenterCenter Boulevard 52300 CopenhagenDenmark
Get on the battlefield - Open to all !!
Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic
events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic
artists on site to sign your Magic
cards, Gunslinging Game Play against the pro’s, and lots more…
Tournament Format And Schedule
- Tournament Format: Standard
- Participation Fee: € 15 (120DKK)
Friday 22 August: from 5:30 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 23 August: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
- Tournament begins: 09:00 A.M
- Sunday 24 August: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Copenhagen is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (day1) and Professional (day2)
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to a Pro Tour Berlin
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 10
2nd place: 8
3-4th place: 6
5-8th place: 5
9-12th place: 4
13-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64th place: 1
Tournament Byes(Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on August 20th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on August 20th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on August 20th.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
Get a FOIL Crystalline Sliver
when playing a Side Event on Sunday @ the Summer GP (*Until stock lasts).
for the side events schedule
Besides the main tournament and plenty of side events, GP Copenhagen has a lot to offer.
- Get you cards signed!
Jim Nelson and Jesper Ejsing will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for Gunslinging Game Play
Are you brave enough to challenge them? As well as the fun of playing against a pro, if you manage to defeat them in one of these friendly but serious duels, you can even win boosters
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2008
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2008 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Ben Coleman bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Copenhagen in the Gazetteer
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
HOW TO REACH
TRAVEL BY CAR:
For your convenience the Bella Center parking lot has 5,000 parking spaces. All days between 08.00 am - 08.00 pm Per hour: 18 DKK - Max. charge per day: 70 DKK
TAXI fare from the Bella Center to central Copenhagen or from the airport comes to about DKK 200.
Bus number 30
Runs between Vesterport Station (via Central Station) and the Airport.
Bus number 4A
Goes from Svanemøllen Station via the Valby and Sjaelør train stations to Sundbyvester Plads and back again. Plan your trip hereMETRO
Metro line M1 runs between Vanløse and Vestamager. The ride from Nørreport in the town center to the Bella Center takes 11 minutes.TRAIN
The Bella is only 10-15 minutes by taxi from the central station. An alternative is bus line 30 that gets to the Bella Center main entrance in about 20-25 minutes. All trains on the relevant regional line stop at the Ørestad station, where it is possible to change to the Metro. Please note that Intercity trains do not yet stop at Ørestad Station. TRAVEL BY PLANE
The Bella Center is about 10 minutes by taxi from Copenhagen Airport Regional trains connect the airport and Ørestad Station.
THINGS TO SEE/DO:
* The Tivaoli Gardens – undoubtedly the uncrowned queen of sights to see in Copenhagen. www.tivoli.dk
* The sculpture of Edvard Eriksen the Little Mermaid
* A boat
tour through the old canals of Copenhagen is one of the most popular tourist activities and an experience you shouldn’t miss.
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Drop them in the Idea Box that you'll find at the tournament site.For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277