26th & 27th JulyFormat: Sealed deck with day 2 booster draft (Shadowmoor Tournament Pack & Eventide Boosters)Tournament Location:Casa de Campo Fairgrounds – Pabellón de ConvencionesAvenida de Portugal 28011 MadridSpain
Get on the battlefield - Open to all !!
Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic
events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic
artists on site to sign your Magic
cards, Gunslinging Game Play against the pro’s, and lots more…
Tournament Format And Schedule
- Tournament Format: Sealed Deck (Shadowmoor Tournament pack & Eventide Boosters)
- Participation Fee: € 30
Friday 25 July: from 5:30 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 26 July: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
- Tournament begins: 09:00 A.M
- Sunday 27 July: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Madrid is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (day1) and Professional (day2)
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to a Pro Tour Berlin
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 10
2nd place: 8
3-4th place: 6
5-8th place: 5
9-12th place: 4
13-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64th place: 1
Tournament Byes(Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on July 23rd.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on July 23rd.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on July 23rd.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
Get a FOIL Crystalline Sliver
when playing a Side Event on Sunday @ the Summer GP (*Until stock lasts).
for the side events schedule
Besides the main tournament and plenty of side events, GP Madrid has a lot to offer.
- Get you cards signed!
Mark Tedin and Rob Alexander will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for Gunslinging Game Play
Are you brave enough to challenge them? As well as the fun of playing against a pro, if you manage to defeat them in one of these friendly but serious duels, you can even win boosters
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2008
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2008 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Ben Coleman bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Madrid in the Gazetteer
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
Travel Information: ARRIVING BY PLANE
The Madrid-Barajas airport is located within Madrid's transportation core zone, the A zone, and is conveniently served by the metro and local buses. A one way metro ticket from the airport costs €2 (€1 additional airport surcharge included), and will take you anywhere within the A zone. Alternatively, you could buy a tourist pass, which also includes the airport surcharge. To get to the site, take line 8 to Nuevos Ministerios, and then change to L10, to Lago.ARRIVING BY TRAIN
Most of the trains arrive at the Atocha station. From there, you can take the metro or bus 36 (stop Pº Extremadura- Albéniz) to get to the venue. The site is accessible from the metro stations Lago (L10) and Alto de Extremadura (L6). If arriving at the Chamartín station, you can take metro line 10 directly from there.ARRIVING BY CAR
Madrid is at the center of all major roads in Spain. Motorways A1 to A6 will take you straight to Madrid.
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Drop them in the Idea Box that you'll find at the tournament site.For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277