Play the Game, See the World
|Wondering about life on the Pro Tour? Watch as some of the game's best players from past and present talk about the role the Pro Tour has played in their lives. Download now! (26.1 MB zip WMP)
Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
- Swiss Rounds: Sealed Deck, Top 8: Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product: 1 Ravnica: City of Guilds tournament pack, 1 Guildpact booster, and 1 Dissension booster per player
- Booster Draft Product
- Events prior to July 21, 2006: 1 Ravnica: City of Guilds booster, 1 Guildpact booster, and 1 Dissension booster per player
- Events July 21, 2006 and later: 3 Coldsnap boosters per player
- Deck lists are required
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- If Coldsnap is being used for booster draft, players may only use snow-covered lands that were opened in boosters. They may not request snow-covered basic lands during deck construction.
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Number of Swiss rounds
|17 - 32
|33 - 64
|65 - 128
|129 - 226
|227 - 409
|410 or higher
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting.
- The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 32K, REL 3
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Invitations, Eligibility, and Prize Money
Players already holding an invitation to Pro Tour–Kobe are prohibited from participating in any Pro Tour–Kobe Qualifiers, with the exception of Grand Prix tournaments. Players may have earned invitations through performance at a previous Pro Tour, Players Club membership level, winning a previous Qualifier or Grand Prix tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official ratings invitation announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Invitations to Pro Tour–Kobe (exact number of invitations determined by tournament location)
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Some Qualifiers offer travel awards and/or cash prizes. See individual schedules for details.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, Arena–The League for Magic: The Gathering, DCI players’ organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, State/Provincial Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or send email to us via the form at http://wizards.custhelp.com.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Ravnica: City of Guilds, Guildpact, Dissension, Coldsnap, DCI, Arena, and Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ©2006 Wizards of the Coast, Inc.