Bill Rose, Vice President, Wizards of the Coast R&D
Editor's note: Over the course of the voting, we will occasionally be posting ballots of voters who wish to make their choices public, along with any additional analysis they used to come to their decisions. If other Selection Committee members wish to provide analysis and explanation of their votes for publication, click here.
1. Jon Finkel: The only reasons I can think of why you would not vote for Jon are: 1) You're gaming the system. Jon is in anyway so use your vote elsewhere; 2) You don't believe any of the candidates deserve a unanimous vote; 3) You have a personal grudge against Jon because he beat you too many times; 4) You're not of sound mind.
2. Darwin Kastle: 300 career Pro Points should guarantee first-ballot entry into the Hall.
3. Mike Long: The Emperor belongs in the Star Wars Hall of Fame.
4. Olle Rade: First Pro Tour superstar.
5. Alan Comer: Top ten among this year's candidates in Pro Points and median finish. What lifts Alan into the top five is that he created multiple format-defining decks and he is the standard for sportsmanship and integrity.
I seriously considered Dave Humphreys and Tommi Hovi. Both are deserving of the Hall. I have no doubt both will make it in.