Agents of Artifice Art Contest Official Rules
By entering the Wizards of the Coast LLC ("Wizards") Agents of Artifice Fan Art Contest (the "Contest") you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the official entry form. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. PST March 2, 2009 and ends at 12:00 a.m. PST on May 1, 2009. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
How to enter: To enter, create a color work, either digitally or traditionally, depicting your favorite scene from the book Agents of Artifice by Ari Marmell. You may: a) email us the entry at email@example.com, b) send it to us on a CD or DVD, or c) mail a physical copy of it to us. In the case of entries by methods (b) or (c), send entries to Wizards of the Coast, ATTN: Agents of Artifice Fan Art Contest, P.O. Box 707, Renton, WA 98057. Do not send original works. Entries sent to us electronically by email or on a CD/DVD must be submitted in low res. or high res. format. Wizards reserves the right to modify this, and any other submission requirement at its sole discretion. If selected as a winning entry, Wizards will require a high res. file of the work after the contest has ended. You must fill out the applicable official entry form located at www.wizards.com/magicnovels. The entry form must be filled out completely and must be signed by each entrant, or a parent or guardian of each entrant if entrant is under the age of 18. Send the signed entry form to Wizards of the Coast, ATTN: Agents of Artifice Fan Art Contest, P.O. Box 707, Renton, WA 98057.
All completed entries, including the work and entry form must be received by Wizards no later than May 6, 2009. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Judging: A committee comprised of selected Wizards employees will serve as judges of the Contest. The judges will review, without visibility to entrants name, all eligible entries and will select one 1st, one 2nd and one 3rd place winner based on the following criteria: adherence to the Agents of Artifice story (50%), originality/creativity (50%),The winners will be determined by Wizards on or about May 22, 2009. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the contact information they provided within three (3) days after three (3) attempts have been made, the winner will be disqualified and prize may not be awarded in Wizards' sole discretion.
All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the judges' decisions and waive any right to appeal.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:
One (1) first-place winner will win two thousand dollars ($2,000 USD) and have their artwork featured on Magic: The Gathering Online for one week.
One (1) second-place winner will win one thousand US dollars ($1,000 USD).
One (1) third-place winner will win five hundred US dollars ($500 USD).
Prizes are not transferable. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize not explicitly stated herein. Winners may be required to sign and return, within five (5) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity and any other documentation required by Wizards, or prizes will be forfeited in their entirety. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification.
5. Conditions: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she solely authored the entry, and that the entry does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade dress rights, or rights of privacy or publicity). Entrant specifically acknowledges and agrees that Wizards will have the right, without restriction, to use, reproduce, publish and distribute entries submitted without payment of any compensation or consideration to any entrant or any other person or entity (except the prizes awarded to the winners pursuant to these Official Rules). By entering this Contest, entrant agrees that Wizards may post their entries online and has the right to use the entries, including, without limitation, by making it available for download, along with entrant's name and hometown on Wizards' website and in any and all publicity and advertising or other promotions by Wizards without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants.
Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. This Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington, and you agree to accept jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant's entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts to (a) enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
Wizards or Hasbro employees are not eligible to participate in Contest.
6. Winners List: Winners will be announced on the Wizards website on or before June 5, 2009.
7. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast LLC. © 2009 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.