Find a Trial Near You!
Find a Trial Near You!
Grand Prix Kobe Trials will be run at WPN locations throughout Japan in the weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. Each offers the winner a three-round bye to Grand Prix Kobe.
- Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with the local organizer for specific information.
- The format for each Grand Prix Trial is chosen by the individual store running the event. Possible formats include Sealed Deck, Standard, Extended, Modern, or Innistrad Block Constructed. Contact the store or check the event locator for the format of each individual Grand Prix Trial.
- If the chosen format is Sealed Deck, the Top 8 for the event will be Booster Draft or Sealed Deck. The product mix for the event will be 6 Innistrad boosters per player for the Sealed Deck portion, 3 Innistrad boosters per player in the Top 8 draft. If a Sealed Deck Top 8 is run instead of a draft, players will play with the same deck they used in the Swiss rounds.
- Deck lists are required.
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 50 minutes.
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit.
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
||None (run Single Elimination)
|9 - 16
||If Sealed format, cut to Top 8
If Constructed format, cut to Top 4
|17 - 32
|33 – 64
|65 – 128
|129 – 226
|227 – 409
|410 or higher
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss rounds will advance to the top 8 single-eliminations finals.
Top 8 Finals
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches have no time limit.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Grand Prix Trial tournaments will be run using Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive with a Planeswalker Points multiplier of 3x.
- All the Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- This is a premier Magic tournament. Organizers and judges of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
- The winner of each Trial receives a three-round by at Grand Prix Kobe.
- Additional product prizes may be awarded, as determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.