Date: February 18-19, 2012
Lancaster Event Center
4100 N. 84th Street
Lincoln, NE 68507
Friday, February 17: Noon – 9 p.m.
Saturday, February 18: 7 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Get a promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
For the first time ever, the Grand Prix circuit makes its way to Lincoln, Nebraska! Will you be there for the first Modern Grand Prix? Make your plans now to join us in Lincoln.
There will also be vendors from all over the country ready to help you complete those last-minute changes to your deck incorporating the new tech you just discovered.
We are pleased to announce that Dan Scott will be our featured artist for the event!
Finally, PES has managed to arrange a fantastic room rate of $69 at a nearby Candlewood Suites! The Candlewood features studio rooms that have three beds, so you are able to share the cost even more. To receive this special rate, guests must identify themselves as part of Magic Grand Prix (Lancaster Event Center) and your group code is MGP. See the Hotel Information section below for more details.
Start the 2012 season strong by building your Planeswalker Points with Grand Prix Lincoln’s PWP multiplier of 8x and side-event PWP multipliers of 3x!
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including public events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
|Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Avacyn Restored in Barcelona.
All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Participation Fee: $40
Registration and Schedule
- Friday, February 17: Registration Noon - 9 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18: Registration 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, February 18: Tournament begins at 10 a.m.
- Sunday, February 19: Day Two begins at 9 a.m.
The main tournament at Grand Prix Lincoln is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed publicity release form to be included in Wizards of the Coast's official online event coverage. Forms can be downloaded here (15k PDF) and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on this form. Publicity releases will be collected during registration.
- Deck lists are required.
- Each Player must use the same deck on Day 2 that he or she used on Day 1.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or fewer players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 64 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 128 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 playoff matches will be best 2 of 3, and have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (Day 1) and Professional (Day 2)
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Judges and Admin Staff
The Head Judge for Grand Prix Lincoln is Scott Marshall. If you are a judge interested in volunteering, please submit an application through DCI Family here. If you have any questions regarding judging, please contact John Alderfer at email@example.com. We are accepting applicants until January 06, 2012. Send your applications early; we will consider all applications as they are received. Judge certification will be available on site.
Grand Prix Trials
Last-Chance Trials: Friday, February 17
Format: Modern, 32-person single-elimination flights
Times: Noon - 8 p.m.
Planeswalker Points Multiplier: 3x
New tournaments will begin every time 32 players sign up. First place wins a three-round bye in Grand Prix Lincoln. Additional prizes in the form of booster packs will be giving to top finishers.
Other Grand Prix Lincoln Trials will be run at WPN locations in the weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. Each offers one three-round bye to Grand Prix Lincoln.
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players that accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds):
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- Players ranked in the top 300 in the Planeswalker Points Competitive standings for the corresponding competitive season.
- Winners of Grand Prix Lincoln Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,200 Planeswalker Points Competitive standings in the current or previous Seasonal Award season
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- Players ranked in the top 2,000 in the Planeswalker Points Competitive standings for the corresponding competitive season.
- Players who have accumulated at least 600 Planeswalker Points Competitive standings in the current or previous Seasonal Award season
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- Players ranked in the top 15,000 in the Planeswalker Points Competitive standings for the corresponding competitive season.
- Players who have accumulated at least 300 Planeswalker Points Competitive standings in the current or previous Seasonal Award season
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the 2012 Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
For a complete schedule of Public Events, visit www.professionalevents.com. Here you will find not only the event schedule but information to help you plan every facet of your Magic weekend in Lincoln.
All Public Events at Grand Prix Lincoln will have a Planeswalker Points multiplier of 3x.
The featured artist at Grand Prix Lincoln is Dan Scott.
PES has managed to arrange a fantastic room rate of $69 at a close by Candlewood Suites! The Candlewood features studio rooms that have three beds, so you are able to share the cost even more. To receive this special rate, guests must identify themselves as part of Magic Grand Prix (Lancaster Event Center) and your group code is MGP. Reservations must be received before the release date of February 2, 2012. Reservations can be made using one of the following:
- Call the hotel direct: 402-420-0330
- Call Central Reservations at 1-888-Candlewood
Online: type "MGP" under group booking code
4100 Pioneer Woods Drive
Lincoln, NE 68506
Lincoln, Nebraska has earned a reputation as one of the Midwest's most beloved cities. Home to fine culinary and artistic treasures; a budding live music scene; breathtaking parks, golf courses and trails; and a friendly Midwestern attitude, Lincoln offers the exhilaration of a big city and the serenity of the countryside all in one place.
The Lancaster Event Center is located just 11 miles from the Lincoln Municipal Airport and just minutes South of I-80.
Lincoln Municipal Airport (LNK) is the closest airport located 11 miles from the event site. Players arriving by air can use the shuttle, a taxi service, or rent a car to best reach the hotel. Shuttle service is provided by A&B Shuttle. You can reserve one way or roundtrip transportation by calling 402-475-5465.
Taxi service from the airport to the venue will cost about $35 one-way. Rental cars are available at the airport and driving directions can be found below.
You can get detailed driving directions by following the links on our Grand Prix Lincoln page under the “Directions” tab.
Parking is FREE at the venue and is very plentiful!
Tournament Organizer: Professional Event Services
Lancaster Event Center
4100 N. 84th Street
Lincoln, NE 68507