Date: June 13-15, 2014
Exposition Hall "Elektrifikatsiya"
129223, str. (building) 55, domovlad 119
Click here for map.
Entry into the Grand Prix event venue is free of charge.
Registration: 1800 RUB
On-Site registration: Friday, June 13: 14:00-22:00
There will be no on-site registration on Saturday.
There will be no Saturday registration for this event.
Many Grand Prix offer additional services to participants, such as Sleep-In Specials and VIP packages. Sleep-In Specials allow players with byes to skip the player meeting on Saturday and arrive shortly before their first round begins. VIP packages provide various perks such as complimentary bottled water, special seating, and exclusive artist signings. Details of these services vary from event to event; please check the organizer's site for specifics.
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
The Russian capital Moscow has become a modern metropolis and one of the world's business and scientific centers. It is home to more than 10 million people, covers more than 1,000 square kilometers, and receives more than 4 million tourists a year. It hosts offices of the world's biggest companies and banks in a financial center and has an industrial center with aerospace factories and high-tech business.
Combine your trip to Grand Prix Moscow with a visit to Red Square, a tour of The Kremlin, or any of the many other attractions in this fantastic city.
|| Follow live streaming video coverage of Grand Prix Moscow at on Twitch.tv and DailyMTG.com with Riley Knight, Pro Tour Hall of Famers Raphaël Lévy and Frank Karsten, Rich Hagon, and Steven Leeming. The live stream will begin at approximately 1:00 p.m. local time / 5:00 a.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. GMT.
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to step up your game, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition over three days. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, the Grand Prix features a host of other activities, including side events and artist signings. Side-event tournaments begin Friday, with the Grand Prix main event running Saturday and Sunday. Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
| *If Grand Prix attendance is 1,200-2,399 participants, prize money will be paid out to 100th place. If Grand Prix attendance is 2,400 or more participants, prize money will be paid out to 150th place.
Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour "Huey" in Honolulu (October 2014).
If Grand Prix attendance is 1,200 or more, Top 8 finishers earn invitations and airfare, and all players with 39 or more match points who do not make Top 8 earn invitations.
All prizes displayed in U.S. dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Participation Fee: 1800RUB (no euros accepted)
Registration and Schedule
- Friday, June 13: Registration 14:00 – 22:00
- Saturday, June 14, Grand Prix Moscow begins at 09:00
- Sunday, June 15 Day Two begins at 09:00
Registration to the Grand Prix main event closes Friday night. There will be no Saturday registration.
The main tournament at Grand Prix Moscow is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Grand Prix Moscow. Forms can be downloaded here and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.
- Deck lists are required.
- Players must use the same deck on Day Two that they used on Day One.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Day One will consist of a maximum of 9 Swiss rounds. Day Two will consist of 6 Swiss rounds and the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- If 799 or less players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 64 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 128 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day Two will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination playoff.
- Top 8 playoff matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 playoff matches will have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
The head judge for Grand Prix Moscow is Chris Richter (Level 4, USA). Regional Coordinator is Eugene Bazhenov. Judges interesting in applying for this event may do so through the Magic judge website.
Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive on Day One and Professional on Day Two.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center .
- Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals, card sleeves, and appropriate counters or tokens.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Grand Prix Trials
Last-Chance Trials: Friday, June 13th, 2014
Time: Friday June 13, 12:00 – 18:00
Format: Standard, 32-person single-elimination flights
Cost: 900 RUB
Prizes: The winner of each Last Chance Trial will receive a 2nd-round bye at Grand Prix Moscow. Other top finishers will receive prizes based on final finish.
* Times are approximate and subject to change.
Other Grand Prix Moscow Trials will be run at WPN locations in the weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. Each offers one Two-Round bye to Grand Prix Moscow.
Byes earned through Planeswalker Points are calculated using the Planeswalker Point totals from all reported events as of the Wednesday immediately before the Grand Prix. (For Grand Prix Moscow, the cutoff date will be June 11th.) Points earned in tournaments held at the Grand Prix event site do not count toward earned byes at that Grand Prix. Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 10, 2014 – June 1, 2014)
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #3 (June 2, 2014 – August 24, 2014)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Gold or Platinum
- Members of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Winners of Grand Prix Moscow Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 10, 2014 – June 1, 2014)
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #3 (June 2, 2014 – August 24, 2014)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Silver
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 10, 2014 – June 1, 2014)
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2014 Seasonal Award Season #3 (June 2, 2014 – August 24, 2014)
Grand Prix Moscow is the first Grand Prix to take place in Season 3 of the 2014 Competitive Year. As a result, Competitive Point totals from events that took place in Season 1, 2014 (December 2, 2013 – March 9, 2014), will not count toward byes for the tournament. For details on point totals, seasons, and byes, please refer to the Planeswalker Points site.
Winners of a Trial tournament are awarded two byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down. Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players who accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds. For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
Along with the main event, there are additional side-event tournaments to play in at a Grand Prix. Listed below are the side events offered at all Grand Prix on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All side events (except casual events) will have a Planeswalker Points multiplier of 3x. More information about side events can be found at tournamentcenter.eu.
Earn a valuable Two-Round bye by winning one of the Last-Chance Trials. Last-Chance Trials are 32-person single-elimination events, starting as soon as 32 players register. For more info, check out the Byes section of this page.
A straight Swiss tournament lasting three or four rounds. Participants get 1 past promo card for playing, then one additional promo card per match win. Format varies by event.
Enjoy a special discount on pick-up drafts on Saturday. Actual times and prices vary by event.
Format at organizer's discretion. The winner(s) earn free entry into the "Super Sunday Series" (see below). Players who also played in the main Grand Prix tournament will get a discount for entry.
Super Sunday Series
Qualifier tournaments for the Super Sunday Series will be held at each Grand Prix. The Top 8 players in the Super Sunday Series qualifier will each be awarded a commemorative Grand Prix water bottle. The winner of the Super Sunday Series qualifier will earn an invitation and travel award for the Super Sunday Series Championship 2015, expected to be held in February 2015 in Seattle. The Super Sunday Series Championship experience also includes a tour of Wizards of the Coast, dinner with Wizards employees, and more.
There will be no artists at Grand Prix Moscow.
Arriving By Plane
Moscow has three main airports:
Sheremetyevo International Airport, which services mainly domestic flights.
Domodedovo International Airport, which services British Airways, Lufthansa, easyJet, and other European carriers.
Vnukovo International Airport
A free shuttle service will be provided from the entrance of the park, near the main gate, to the entrance of the Grand Prix hall. A detailed map of the exact position of the bus can be found here.
Tournament Organizer: Hasbro Russia LLC, represented by tournamentcenter.eu
Khimki Business Park,
Exposition Hall "Elektrifikatsiya"
129223, str. (building) 55, domovlad 119
Click here for map.