Date: October 4-6, 2013
Cox Convention Center
1 Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Click here for map.
Friday, October 4: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 5: 8 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Sleep-in Special will be offered along with early deck submission and prepay.
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
Welcome to Grand Prix Oklahoma City! Legion Events brings Magic Grand Prix excitement to Oklahoma City for the first time featuring Theros Limited directly after its release! The first 750 players to register (including preregistered players) will receive a limited-edition playmat featuring art by rk post.
Artists rk post and Clint Cearley will be on hand doing sketches and signing cards. Eight of the top vendors will be on site ready to trade, buy and sell. A great set of side events are scheduled covering all your favorite formats, including the new Super Sunday Series. The winner of the Super Sunday Series qualifier will win a trip to a VIP event experience in Seattle and battle for their share of a $20,000 prize pool at the Super Sunday Series Championship!
|| Follow live streaming video coverage of Grand Prix Oklahoma City at DailyMTG.com, ggslive.com, and Twitch.tv. The live video stream will start at approximately 2:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. GMT Saturday.
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including side events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
| Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Born of the Gods in Valencia (February 2014).
If Grand Prix attendance is 1,200 or more, Top 8 finishers earn invitations and airfare, and all players with 39 or more match points who do not make Top 8 earn invitations.
All prizes displayed in U.S. dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Format: Theros Sealed Deck/Booster Draft
Participation Fee: $40
Registration and Schedule
- Friday, October 4: Registration 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 5: Registration 8 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- Saturday, October 5: Grand Prix Oklahoma City begins at 10 a.m.
- Sunday, October 6 : Day Two begins at 9am
The main tournament at Grand Prix Oklahoma Cit is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed publicity and consent form to be included in Wizards of the Coast's official online event coverage and be eligible to receive prizes. Forms can be downloaded here (100k PDF) and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on this form. Consent forms are usually collected during registration (contact the event organizer for details).
Day 1: Sealed Deck
Day 2 and Top 8: Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product: 6 Theros boosters for Day 1 sealed deck
- Booster Draft Product: 3 Theros boosters for Day 2 and Top 8 Draft
- Deck lists are required.
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or less players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 64 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 128 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 playoff matches will be best 2 of 3, and have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting. The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
Information coming soon.
Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive on Day 1 and Professional on Day 2.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals, card sleeves, and appropriate counters or tokens.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Grand Prix Trials
Byes earned through Planeswalker Points are calculated using the Planeswalker Point totals from all reported events as of the Wednesday immediately before the Grand Prix. (For Grand Prix Oklahoma City, the cutoff date will be October 2.) Points earned in tournaments held at the Grand Prix event site do not count toward earned byes at that Grand Prix. Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Gold or Platinum
- Members of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Winners of Grand Prix Oklahoma City Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Silver
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
Winners of a Trial tournament are awarded 2 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down. Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players who accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds. For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
Along with the main event, there are additional side-event tournaments to play in at a Grand Prix. Listed below are the side events offered at all Grand Prix on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Additional events and a full schedule can be found on the Legion Events website. All side events will have a Planeswalker Points multiplier of 3x.
Earn a valuable Two-Round bye by winning one of the Last-Chance Trials. Last-Chance Trials are 32-person single-elimination events, starting as soon as 32 players register. For more info, check out the Byes section of this page.
A straight Swiss tournament lasting three or four rounds. Participants get 1 past promo card for playing, then one additional promo card per match win. Format varies by event.
Enjoy a special discount on pick-up drafts on Saturday. Actual times and prices vary by event.
Format at organizer's discretion. The winner(s) earn free entry into the "Super Sunday Series" (see below). Players who also played in the main Grand Prix tournament will get a discount for entry.
Super Sunday Series
Qualifier tournaments for the Super Sunday Series will be held at each Grand Prix. The Top 4 players in the Super Sunday Series qualifier will each be awarded a special Grand Prix messenger bag. The winner of the Super Sunday Series qualifier will earn an invitation and travel award for the Super Sunday Series Championship, to be held in February 2014 in Seattle with a prize purse of $20,000. The Super Sunday Series Championship experience also includes a tour of Wizards of the Coast, dinner with Wizards employees, and more. See the Sunday Series info page for more details.
rk post and Clint Cearley will be in attendance at Grand Prix Oklahoma City. The first 750 players to register (including preregistration) will receive a limited-edition playmat featuring art by rk post.
Other hall attractions
Online preregistration, Sleep-in Specials, and VIP Service will be offered for this event. Visit the Legion Events website for full details.
Check back for hotel block and travel information.
Tournament Organizer: Legion Events
Phone: (612) 567-0698
Cox Convention Center
1 Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Click here for map.