1. No purchase necessary. This Magic: The Gathering® Gameday Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States subject to the eligibility guidelines below. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Sweepstakes takes place on July 14, 2007. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ("Wizards"). YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. How to enter: To enter, go to a participating Magic Game Day retailer on July 14, 2007 and complete an entry form. This Sweepstakes is open only to the first fifty (50) participants who go to a participating Magic Game Day retailer. Such retailers will then mail the entry forms to Wizards. You may be asked to enter your complete name, address, e-mail address, birth date, daytime and evening phone numbers and the entry form. All entries must be received by participating retailers on July 14, 2007 no later than such retailer's close of business for that day. Limit one entry per person.
3. Random Drawing: One winner will be selected in a random drawing by Wizards on or about August 14, 2007, from all eligible entries received. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are binding. The winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone on or about August 14, 2007.
4. Conditions: Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, for technical malfunctions of any kind, or for any inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for injury or damage of any kind related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington, and you agree to accept exclusive jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington.
5. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and its immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, the winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name (including online screen names, if applicable) and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. Failure to comply with The Official Rules will result in disqualification.
An entrant's entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts (a) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) to disrupt the Sweepstakes, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Sweepstakes. If any of the above occurs, Wizards has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from the participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value: One winner will be awarded a prize consisting of two (2) roundtrip coach air-tickets from the major commercial airport nearest winner's home to New York City, New York to attend the Magic World Championships 2007. Both winner and his/her guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Travel arrangements must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance of travel date. Prize includes four (4) night's accommodation (double occupancy, room, and tax only). All travel and hotel arrangements must be made through Wizards and are subject to availability. Travel shall occur on December 5, 2007 and December 10, 2007, or such other dates as identified by Wizards in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. All unspecified expenses, including any state or federal taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Approximate retail value of total prize package is US$4,0000. Actual value of trip may vary depending on winner's residence and seasonal rates.
Prize may not be transferred. Wizards may substitute a prize for another product of equal value to the prize identified herein, or provide the cash equivalent, in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned. Winner and his/her guest will each be required to sign and return, within five (5) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity and any other documentation required by Wizards, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodations and airfare are subject to availability and other restrictions. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification. y participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Wizards is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize.
7. Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of this Sweepstakes, and because of the complexity of the administration of this Sweepstakes, Wizards reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., 1600 Lind Ave. S.W., Renton, WA 98057. © 2007 Wizards.