18th & 19th October
Format: Sealed deck with day 2 booster draft
Ballroom hotel Newport Bay club + Portland hall
Get on the battlefield - Open to all !!
Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic
events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic
artists on site to sign your Magic
cards, Gunslinging Game Play against the pro’s, and lots more…
Tournament Format And Schedule
Tournament Format: Sealed deck with Day 2 boosterdraft (Top 64/128)
Participation Fee: € 30
Friday 17 October: from 5:30 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 18 October: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins: 09:00 A.M
Sunday 19 October: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Paris is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (day1) and Professional (day2)
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- In the event that there are more than 2000 registered players, tie breaks will reset after day 1.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to the 1st Pro Tour in 2009
Tournament Divisions and Prizes
All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
|Main Tournament Prize Schedule|
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 8
2nd place: 6
3-4th place: 5
5-8th place: 4
9-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64th place: 1
(Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on 15/10/2008.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on 15/10/2008.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on 15/10/2008.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
for the side events schedule
Besides the main tournament and plenty of side events, GP Paris has a lot to offer.
- Get you cards signed!
Wayne England and Daren Bader will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for Gunslinging Game Play
Are you brave enough to challenge them? As well as the fun of playing against a pro, if you manage to defeat them in one of these friendly but serious duels, you can even win boosters
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2009
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2008 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Ben Coleman bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Paris in the Gazetteer
Pages: ! coming soon ! 1,2,3
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
WotC has negotiated the highly reduced rate of 119€ per room + 1.10€ taxes per person. (Not per player) to guarantee all “Magic, the gathering” players the best, cheapest accommodation you can find in the park.
Download the special form
and fax it to the group reservations department at 00 33 1 60 45 73 98.
You will receive a letter in return from the reservations department confirming your booking. Calling the normal reservations department will only insure you higher prices than the ones negotiated by WotC. HOW TO REACHTRAVEL BY CAR:
Free parking is availible on the parking of the Newport Bay Club. Public Transport:
Val d'Europe Shuttles (VEA
) insure connections between the 2 airports and Disneyland Resort Paris.
Free shuttle service is present between the TGV train station at Marne la Vallée / Chessy and the Disney parc hotels. THINGS TO SEE/DO:
The tournament location is located 5 minutes from the entrance of the park. Within walking distance you will find restaurants, bars, pubs and an numerous variety of fantastic entertainment possibilities.
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Drop them in the Idea Box that you'll find at the tournament site.For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277