ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS ATTENDING PRO TOUR AUSTIN WHO HAVE A DCI NUMBER. You need not be playing in the Pro Tour to enter. To sign up for a DCI Number during the Contest Period, go to the Wizards Information Booth located in Exhibit Hall 5 at the Austin Convention Center during Pro Tour Austin. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and event vendors (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and each of their IRS dependents and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household of each (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter:
1. Read and sign a statement agreeing to these official rules at the Wizards Booth in Exhibit Hall 5 at the Austin Convention Center at the Pro Tour Austin.
2. Sponsor will loan you a Flip Mino video camera ("Camera") or you can use your own video camera or video camera on your phone or iPod to shoot a Film that meets the Film Requirements (as described below). Note: There may be a delay or wait time in obtaining a loaner Camera due to a limited supply.
3. You must bring the Camera back within ninety (90) minutes after checking it out. If you keep it longer, your entry may be disqualified.
4. Go to the Video Booth located near the Wizards Booth and upload your Film to YouTube, or use other means to upload your film to YouTube.
5. Provide Wizards with the link to your Film by emailing the URL to Wizards at email@example.com.
Failure to return the Camera as described above, to comply with the ninety (90) minute time limitation, or malicious use of or damage to the Camera may result in your suspension from the DCI, disqualification from the contest, and any other rights or remedies Sponsor may have.
Each Film that is submitted into the Contest must meet the following "Film Requirements" (any Film that, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Films must be no shorter than 30 seconds and no greater than 2 minutes in length;
- Films must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the Film or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules. Third Parties include but are not limited to celebrities, friends and minors who have not obtained parental consent prior to such participation. In the event an entrant cannot provide Sponsor, upon Sponsor's request, proper releases from such Third Parties, then Sponsor reserve the right, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Film or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor's benefit.
- Films must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities.
- Films must not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including the entrant.
- Films must not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising.
- Films must be entirely original to the entrant and must be filmed onsite at Pro Tour Austin.
- Films must NOT include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture, except for those belonging to Sponsor.
You may enter only once. Entries must be received and uploaded no later than 7:00 PM Central time on October 17, 2009. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the YouTube account associated with the entrant's Film. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged by the Sponsor.
FINALIST SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, three (3) winning Films will be chosen from all eligible Films. The winning Films will be selected based on the following judging criteria: Entertainment value (50%), highlighting Magic: The Gathering (25%), and highlighting the host city of Austin, TX (25%).The judging of Films will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to winner selection. The entrants who submitted the three (3) winning Films, as determined by the judging criteria indicated above, will be announced on or about Saturday, October17, 2009 at 8:00 PM Central Time in Exhibit Hall 5 at the Austin Convention Center. Winners need not be present to win. If winners are not present, winners will be notified by email using the contact information provided through their DCI registration within three (3) days and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt within three (3) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies). The failure to respond timely to the notification, or if the winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, it may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest and, in such case; Contest Entities may select an alternate winner according to the aforementioned judging criteria. Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other related documents required by the Contest Entities.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Film is the entrant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Film does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iii) the Film does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant in or winner of the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant's name, likeness, biographical information and Film in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and/or promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Contest, and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
PRIZES: Each winner will receive one (1) of the Flip Mino cameras used by entrants to create their Films. The approximate retail value of each prize is US$179.99. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserve the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree (a) that the Contest Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses of any kind to person(s), including without limitation, personal injury and/or death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant's preparation for, travel to or participation in the Contest, or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes or participation in any Contest related or travel related activities and for claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return prize claim documents three (3) days of receipt of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if no response is receive when attempting to notify a winner, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner determined. Taxes on prize are solely winner's responsibility.
LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: The Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries or e-mail; or for unavailability of the Cameras; for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select the winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the Website or downloading from and/or printed material downloaded from said Website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, write your name and complete address on a 3"x5" card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to Magic: The Gathering® Pro Tour Video Contest, P.O. Box 707, Renton, WA 98057 for receipt by 10/31/09.