The Fane of the Drow battle map was the official battle field for the D&D Miniatures 2005 Championship at Gen Con Indy. Steeped in the dark mystique of the Underdark set, the battle field sets a chilling tone. Download your copy today!
Both single-sheet and tiled versions of the Fane of the Drow map are available for download. The full map is 22 inches wide by 34 inches long. Printing it as a single sheet using a large format printer gives the best results. Large format printers are widely available at print and copy shops. The map can also be downloaded and printed professionally or at home on 8.5x11 pages and fitted together.
Battle Map Rules
The following rules apply to the customized battle map for the Championship, the Fane of Llolth:
- Starting Areas: Set up your warband in the area labeled Start A or Start B; your opponent’s warband sets up in the other area. If there are two or more starting areas with the same label, you can set up in any of these or spread your warband throughout all of them.
- Victory Areas: During play, your warband scores points by occupying victory areas. If you set up in the Start A areas, you score points for occupying the Victory A areas. If you set up in the Start B areas, you score points for occupying the Victory B areas. A few victory areas also have associated keywords in brackets, used to interact with specific special abilities.
- Exits: The edges of the battle map are usually impassable walls. The only way off is through corresponding exit squares. For example, if you set up in the Start A areas, your creatures can leave only through the squares labeled Exit A. Only creatures that are routing (forced to run away) can leave the battle map.
- Scout: Instead of placing this creature in your starting area at the start of the battle, you may place it in any victory area that does not already contain a creature. Two Scout creatures can’t set up in the same victory area. If this creature enters the battle map after the first turn, it enters like any other creature.
- Wandering Monster: Instead of placing this creature in your starting area at the start of the skirmish, place it in a random victory area. If this creature enters the battle map after the first turn, it enters like any other creature.
- Cave Setup: This does not function on the Fane of Lolth battle map. You must place your creatures with Cave Setup in your starting area.
Download as a single 22x34 sheet
Download as 8.5x11 pages